社交英語11. 我交到一个新的网络之友了!

作者:admin

來源:

2008-10-20 16:42

社交英語11. 我交到一个新的网络之友了!

00:00

11. 我交到一个新的网络之友了!

Herbert: I have a new Internet friend!
赫伯特: 我交到一个新的网络之友了!
Don: You mean the guy who thinks you're 1) Ms. Right?
唐: 你是说那个把你当作梦中女郎的家伙?
Herbert: Yeah! We're meeting on Friday night!
赫伯特: 对!我们星期五晚上要碰面。
Don: You're what? 2) Have you lost it?
唐: 什么?你疯啦!
Herbert: I 3) gave up on looking for a girlfriend. Now I’m making friends!
赫伯特: 我不找女朋友了。现在我只要交朋友!
語言詳解
A: I lost my wallet.
我的皮夾掉了。
B: Retrace your steps, and you'll probably find it.
循原路找回去,八成就能找到了。
【gave up on... 放弃……】
give up on是“放弃,投降”之意,give up on someone/something是代表对某人或某事很失望,不想再花任何的心思或精力在上面,也就是“觉得……没指望了”的意思。
Don't you give up on me? 是个很常用的说法,比如说你无法意会老师教了你半天的东西,你就可以面带诚恳地跟老师说Don't give up on me, please. 让老师感受到你的诚意,不要这么快放弃你。
A: Mark is your friend. You shouldn't give up on him so easily.
馬克是你的朋友。你不應該這麽輕易地放棄他。
B: I guess you're right.
我想你是對的。
A: I thought you were studying Japanese.
我以爲你在學日語。
B: I gave up on it. It's too hard.
我已放棄日語了,太難了。
1) Ms./Mr. Right 对味的终生伴侣,真命公主 / 天子。
2) Have you lost it? 你疯啦?
3) give up on 放弃……