社交英語30. 你的想象力未免太丰富了

作者:admin

來源:

2008-10-20 16:42

社交英語30. 你的想象力未免太丰富了

00:00

30. 你的想象力未免太丰富了

Rose: You've got the 1) wildest 2) imagination... I hope I can teach him to play the piano well...
柔丝: 你的想象力未免太丰富了……我希望能教他把钢琴弹好……
Sue: Sure you can.
苏: 你当然可以。
Rose: But he looks like he's never touched a 3) key in his life!
柔丝: 但他看起来好像这辈子从来没有摸过钢琴键盘!
Sue: Rose, are you 4) nervous?
苏: 柔丝,你在紧张吗?
Rose: No! Why?
柔丝: 才不呢!为什么这样说?
Sue: Maybe you're 5) attracted to him...
苏: 或许你对他有点心动...
Rose: Maybe it's because I've never taught adults before...
柔丝: 或许是因为我从没教过大人……
Sue: Trust me, you'll like it.
苏: 相信我,你会喜欢这种经验的。

語言詳解
A: What kind of flowers are these?
這些是什麽花啊?
B: They're wild flowers. I picked them in the mountains.
它們是野花。我在山上采的。
【sure you can. 你当然行】
当别人和你说他不相信自己的能力,你可以用Sure you can.鼓励他。
A: I don't think I can pass the driver's test.
我不認爲自己能通過駕照考試。
B: Sure you can. Just stay calm.
你當然可以。別緊張。
另一種使用的場合,是別人不確定他可不可以做某件事的時候,你可以說這句話要他放心去做。
A: Can I spend Christmas at your place?
我可以到你這過聖誕節嗎?
B: Sure you can. We’d love to have you.
當然可以。我們非常歡迎你來。
1) wild (a.) 疯狂的,wildest 最疯狂的
2) imagination (n.) 想象力
3) key (n.) 钢琴键盘的琴键
4) nervous (a.) 紧张的
5) be attracted to... 被……吸引